Starburst Enterprise platform (SEP) 378-e STS has been released, a rapid follow-up to our 376-e release.
The release is based on Trino 378, which includes the following noteworthy changes:
delete_orphan_filestable procedures for Iceberg.
- Faster planning of queries with
- Faster query planning for Hive, Delta Lake, Iceberg, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server connectors.
In addition, the changes from Trino 377 are new:
- Add support for standard SQL
- Better performance for Glue metastore.
- Join pushdown for SQL Server connector.
Specifically important to note is that a shared secret for internal authentication is now required if you have any authentication configured.
In SEP, the following changes occurred:
- Improve predicate pushdown for
WHEREclauses with the Teradata connector.
- You can now synchronize
EXTERNALRanger groups only when using
For more information, head over to the release notes.
Rose and Matt