Today, Starburst and Google Cloud are announcing a deeper partnership to advance AI capabilities for our customers. Starburst is a unified data lake analytics platform that makes it easy to analyze data from a variety of sources, including cloud data warehouses, SaaS applications, and on-premises data warehouses. Google Cloud’s Vertex AI is a machine learning platform that helps users build, train, and deploy generative AI applications. Together, organizations can expand the use of AI services across multiple data sources, regardless of where the data lives.
Starburst can be used with Google Cloud to provide a complete end-to-end solution for machine learning-powered analytics. And today, we’re excited to announce that with Starburst, you can federate new, and disparate, datasets into the machine learning models you have built with Vertex AI. This allows you to improve your AI and machine learning models by adding any data from other clouds, on-premises, or in other sources that Starburst APIs into.
Here are some of the benefits that Google Cloud’s generative AI will enable for Starburst users:
- Speed: Accelerate the development and deployment of machine learning-powered analytics by providing a unified platform for data exploration, machine learning, and deployment.
- Flexibility: Starburst can be used with a variety of machine learning platforms, including Google Cloud Vertex AI. This gives you the flexibility to choose the platform that best meets your needs.
- Scalability: Your AI strategy is only as good as your data strategy. Starburst scales to meet the complexity of your distributed data today, and tomorrow. This makes it ideal for machine learning applications that require access to large datasets, along with connecting your datasets together regardless of where they live.
Here are some examples of how Starburst can be used with Vertex AI:
- A financial services company could use Starburst to explore and analyze their customer data. They could then use Vertex AI to build a machine learning model that better predicts customer churn.
- A retail company leveragingStarburst to explore and analyze their product sales data. They could then use Vertex AI to build a machine learning model that better predicts product demand. The company could then use the model to optimize their inventory levels.
- A clinician at a healthcare company utilizes Starburst to explore and analyze and compare historical patient outcomes with new clinical trial data. The company could then use Vertex AI to build a machine learning model to assist clinicians in determining the best methods of care to support better patient outcomes.
Overall, Starburst is a powerful platform that can help you build, train, and deploy machine learning-powered analytics. When used with Vertex AI, Starburst can provide a complete end-to-end solution for machine learning-powered analytics.