Starburst Enterprise platform (SEP) 413-e STS has been released as a follow-up
to the 411-e STS release.
This latest version of SEP is based on Trino 413 and includes new enterprise features and enhancements in addition to everything added to recent Trino releases.
Here are some of the feature highlights that we’ve included in this enterprise release:
- We’ve added support for customers with Apache Ranger to manage role-based access control for their data products in SEP. You can now create access control policies in Ranger to grant or restrict users’ ability to view, manage, and publish data products.
- Managed statistics support has been added to more data sources with every recent release, with support now added to the MySQL connector in 413-e. This feature allows SEP to collect statistics from data sources, which can enable the query engine to make better-informed decisions for more optimized query planning.
- We’re continuing to add support to AWS Lake Formation access control in SEP, which now supports DML operations. AWS Lake Formation access control support is currently available as a public preview in SEP, with us actively working towards a future GA release.
In addition to these enterprise enhancements, all features added in Trino 413 and Trino 412 are included as well. Here are some of the notable highlights from these Trino releases:
- Support for
MERGEin the Phoenix connector.
- Support for table comments in the Oracle connector.
- Improved performance of queries involving window functions or
- Support for
ADD COLUMNin Ignite connector.
- Support for table comments in PostgreSQL connector.
sum(DISTINCT ...)queries for various connectors.
For the complete list of features, changes, and fixes in this latest SEP release, read the release notes for 413-e.
Joe, Kevin, and Manfred