Starburst Enterprise platform (SEP) 420-e STS has been released as a follow-up
to the 413-e LTS release.
This latest version of SEP is based on Trino 420 and includes new enterprise features and enhancements in addition to everything added to recent Trino releases.
Here are some of the feature highlights that we’ve included in this enterprise release:
- Managed statistics support continues to roll out to more connectors. In the 420-e release, we’ve added managed statistics support for Greenplum, IBM Db2, Netezza, Redshift, Synapse, and the Starburst Stargate connector. This feature allows SEP to collect statistics from data sources, which can enable the query engine to make better-informed decisions for more optimized query planning.
- We’ve added SCIM user and group synchronization to Starburst Enterprise as a public preview feature. SCIM synchronization allows you to seamlessly integrate services into your existing identity infrastructure, by synchronizing one set of users and groups for use across access control systems. The 420-e release includes support for SCIM user and group synchronization with Microsoft Azure Active Directory as a supported identity provider.
- The Starburst Enterprise web UI continues to be improved, with the 420-e release bundling many requested quality-of-life enhancements such as column sorting of query results, a Copy tooltip in the query editor, and more.
- AWS Lake Formation access control in Starburst Enterprise now supports creation and querying of views. AWS Lake Formation access control support is currently available as a public preview in SEP, with us actively working towards a future GA release.
In addition to these enterprise enhancements, all features added since Trino 414 are included as well. Here are some of the notable highlights from these past seven(!) Trino releases:
- Support for Databricks 12.2 LTS in Delta Lake connector.
- Support for fault-tolerant execution in the Redshift and Oracle connector.
- Added support for
- Added the
table_changesfunction to the Delta Lake connector.
- Added a new
- Support for comments on columns in the Delta Lake connector.
- Support for
RENAME COLUMNin the MongoDB connector.
- and more!
For the complete list of features, changes, and fixes in this latest SEP release, read the release notes for 420-e.
Joe and Kevin