Starburst Enterprise platform (SEP) 422-e STS has been released as a follow-up
to the 420-e STS release.
This latest version of SEP is based on Trino 422 and includes new enterprise features and enhancements in addition to everything added to the following recent Trino releases:
Here are some of the feature highlights that we’ve included in this enterprise release:
- Starburst Enterprise now supports Ceph and Dell ECS as options for your object storage back-end. With this release, we are furthering our commitment to build Starburst as a go-to solution for a data lakehouse free from vendor lock-in.
- We have added an additional way to connect to your data in Snowflake with the Snowflake parallel connector. This new feature connects to Snowflake with JDBC while utilizing parallel reads for improved query efficiency. You can read more, including how to migrate an existing Snowflake catalog to use the new parallel connector, in our documentation.
In addition to these enterprise enhancements, all features added in the latest open-source Trino releases are included as well. Here are some of the highlights from these releases:
- Added support for
- Support for
INSERTon Google Sheets.
- Faster queries on MongoDB tables with
CREATE TABLE AS ... SELECTqueries.
- Support for nested fields in
- Faster Avro reader for Hive.
- A new
register_tableprocedure to register Hadoop tables in Iceberg.
For the complete list of features, changes, and fixes in this latest SEP release, read the release notes for 422-e.
Joe and Kevin