Releases and new features
We’ve released the quarterly Starburst Enterprise LTS, version 393-e. With the latest LTS release, we’ve improved performance, efficiency and updated the codebase to use Java 17.
The 393-e LTS release includes all of the great new features from recent Trino and Starburst Enterprise releases. Check out some of the highlights:
- Updating to Java 17, improving general performance and efficiency.
- Full CRUD feature support added to the Iceberg connector, including support for Iceberg version 2.
- Add support for MERGE to several connectors, including Delta Lake, Hive, and Iceberg.
- Include a feature for downloading the built-in access control Audit log into a comma-separated values (.csv) file.
- We’ve added access control for table functions with Starburst Enterprise’s built-in access control system.
- You can now create explicit deny policies with built-in access control.
- Fault-tolerant execution is now available in public preview.
- The Snowflake connector now supports multiple databases.
- You can now clone data products.
- The Teradata connector supports predicate pushdown support for statements using IN.
Additionally, since the LTS, we’ve released two STS releases, with the following improvements:
- Include the ability to run multiple queries in a single Query editor tab.
- Add the ability to specify data domain when cloning a data product.
For all the details, view full release notes. Also be sure to check out our developer blog. Stay tuned in the coming days for more details on our newest Starburst Enterprise release!
Finally, if you are yet not on the latest release, please check out our latest backports.